Trifle is a traditional Christmas dessert, but there is no reason why you should treat yourself with a nice homemade trifle at any time of the year. This is a delicious, layered treat that you can easily prepare in less than 30 minutes to surprise your family or unexpected guests.
- 1 x 85-gram packet of raspberry jelly
- 420 grams store-bought sponge rolls
- 4 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 500 grams fresh strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries
- 480 ml store-bought custard
- 360 ml whipped cream
- Prepare raspberry jelly in advance and leave in the fridge to set.
- Prepare the ingredients—chop strawberries in half and mix them with raspberries and blueberries. Chop sponge cakes into 1/2 inch slices and jelly into 1-inch squares.
- Start assembling by layering half of the cake slices in the bottom of your trifle bowl and then drizzle with 2 tablespoons of cranberry juice.
- Top with one-third of the fresh fruit and then add half of the jelly squares and half of the custard.
- Repeat in the same order with the rest of the ingredients.
- Use fresh fruit to decorate the top and then cover with plastic wrap.
- Leave in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours and serve with whipped cream on top.