Cheesy rice combines the best of both worlds: cheese and starch. Best of all, it’s super quick to make, and you don’t need to prep anything beforehand or try to make any sauces. This cheesy rice comes together really quickly and has so many different applications!
- In a small pot, combine 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of rice to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once the water is boiling, bring it down to a simmer for about 20 minutes, or until all the water has absorbed and rice is tender.
- While the rice cooks, grate or cube 1/4 cup of your favorite cheese. You can use cheddar jack for a spicy hit, regular cheddar, or even processed cheese if you want.
- Once the rice is fully cooked, take it off the heat and toss in the cheese.
- Leave the cheese and rice alone so the cheese can start to melt, and then after about 2-3 minutes if you see the cheese has melted, stir it around.
- Finish it with some bright green parsley and you’re done!
Cheese rice is great on its own or with some sauteed vegetables, but if you want to take it up a notch, use it inside of meatballs as a binder, or in enchiladas and other Mexican-inspired dishes!