Chocolate eclairs are one of gastronomy’s greatest inventions. Now we’ve turned that delicious, cream-filled pastry drizzled with chocolate into a bar. Dare to go square.
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dough sheet
2 boxes (3.4 oz each) Jell-O™ vanilla-flavor instant pudding & pie filling mix
3 cups half-and-half, cold
1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray only the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Unroll dough and press it into the base of the pan.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Beat half-and-half with the dry pudding mixtures until thick (about 2 minutes). Spread this mixture over the cooled pastry base.
- Microwave chocolate chips and whipping cream uncovered on High for 1 minute. Stir, then microwave again for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Spread mixture on top of the pudding layer.
- Refrigerate for approximately 4 hours or until completely cool. You could also refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, cut into squares or oblongs.
- To store, cover and refrigerate.