We’re less than a month away from Easter and we’re always looking for new cookie recipes to impress our families. These Easter egg cookies pack a citrusy punch and you can swap the orange zest and juice for lemon, lime, or a combination of the three. Try them out this holiday season!
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package royal icing
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl beat butter with a medium to high 30 seconds. Add sugar, orange zest, and baking powder.
- Beat until it’s combined and make sure to scrape the bowls occasionally.
- Beat in egg, orange juice, vanilla, and salt until it’s combined. Beat in the flour.
- Divide the dough into two or three portions and roll it out one portion at a time to 1/8- to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut out egg shapes using 2- to 3-inch cookie cutters and place the cutters 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until the edges are firm, but not brown.
- Let them cool and then decorate them with icing.