Nothing beats homemade corn tortillas. Their delicious, healthy, and with only three simple ingredients, there’s nothing stopping you from making these awesome Mexican-style staples.
- 2 cups of masa harina
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water
- Whisk the masa harina and the salt together in a big bowl.
- Add in one cup of the warm water and mix with a wooden spoon
- Carefully add in more of the water until it turns into a dough. Mind you, you might not need all of the 1/2 cup of water.
- Knead the dough so it forms a ball. Then, take out golf ball-sized chunks from it round it into a ball.
- Place a piece of wax paper or plastic wrap onto a tortilla press or onto the countertop.
- Put the ball on top and then another piece of whatever material you used.
- Flatten the ball with the press or a baking sheet so it’s thin but keeping its shape.
- Over medium or medium-high heat, heat up a pan. Cook the tortilla on one side for 10-15 seconds, then flip and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until brown spots show up.
- Repeat this, cool, and then put them in an airtight container in the fridge.