Say goodbye to boring old potato chips and say hello to these deliciously crispy kale chips! They are much healthier and more nutritious than potato chips and they offer a unique, earthy taste. This incredibly versatile recipe cooks the kale pieces on low heat, preventing them from browning and burning. Feel free to get creative with the seasonings!
- 1 large bundle curly green, purple or Tuscan kale
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Seasonings of your choice (1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp curry powder, or 1 tsp fresh lemon zest)
- Preheat oven to 225 degreed F (107 C).
- Rinse the kale thoroughly and dry it well. Rip off the stems and tear the kale into pieces.
- Add the kale to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil and add the seasonings. Mix well using your hands to ensure all of the kale is coated.
- Spread the kale over a baking sheet making sure they are not overlapping.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until kale is crispy and slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.