Elote queso is the perfect dip and you can make it in approx. 15 minutes. Check the recipe out and share it with your friends.
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 oz crumbled queso fresco
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 4 oz shredded fontina cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ap flour
- 2 tablespoons diced shallot
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
- 1 1/2 cups sweet corn kernels
- crumbled cotija
- lime wedges
- Get a skillet and melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter on medium-high. Include the jalapeno, shallot, and garlic to the mix. Saute the vegetables for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next, mix in the corn and cook it for 5 to 6 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- You can now pour the lime juice and zest and continue cooking for 1 more minute.
- Take the skillet away from the heat and include the chives and cilantro.
- Use a saucepan to melt the rest of the butter. When it’s completely melted, mix in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Include the milk and make sure that there are no chunks. When it becomes thick you can take the saucepan away from the heat.
- Mix in the two types of cheese, adding slowly while also mixing.
- Finally, include the corn mix together with the 1/2 teaspoon seasoning. Serve the elote queso with cilantro, crumbled cotija, lime wedges, and chips.