Everyone knows that oatmeal is a delicious and nutritious way to start your day. But, if you want warm oatmeal in the morning but don’t have time to make breakfast, use this recipe to make slow cooker oats that will surely satisfy!
- Measure out 2 cups of steel-cut oats and pour that into the slow cooker along with 8 cups of water.
- If you want your oats to be sweet, add in 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar, or less if you don’t want it to be as decadent.
- Then add in 1 teaspoon of salt, which might sound odd, but it won’t make the oats taste salty, it just enhances all the other flavors that are going into it.
- Add in a splash of vanilla along with a pound of the frozen fruit of your choice. If you want to do fresh fruit like apples or pears, you can consider also adding spices like nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon to really round out the flavors.
- Stir everything together and then put the lid on and turn the setting to low and leave overnight.
- Once it’s the morning, if you like super creamy oats, you can add in a cup of milk, and then serve it up and top with your favorite toppings like shredded coconut, sliced almonds, raisins, or plain!