Amaretto sours are making a comeback and for good reason. Amaretto is an almond-flavored liquor and matched with sour mix, it makes for a really delicious cocktail. It’s also relatively easy to make after you’ve made the sour mix, and since the recipe for the sour mix makes more than what’s required for one cocktail, you can make it again and again with this recipe!
- 1 1/2 oz of amaretto liquor
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of lime juice
- 2 oz of lemon-lime soda
- 1 maraschino cherry or orange wedge for garnish
- First, start by making the sour mix. In a small pot, combine the water and sugar and bring it up to a boil over medium heat.
- Once it’s been cooking for 5-7 minutes, take it off the heat, and pour in the lemon and lime juices. Stir to combine and let it cool completely before you start using it.
- To make the cocktail, put ice into a cocktail shaker. Pour in the amaretto and 3 oz of the sour mix.
- Shake well, put some more ice into a cocktail glass, and then strain it into the glass.
- Top with the lemon-lime soda, garnish with the orange wedge or cherry, and enjoy!