No one can resist a delicious chocolate dessert, but it can take a lot of time to make one. If your schedule is too packed for complicated layered cakes, but you still want to prepare a tasty sweet treat, chocolate mousse tart is your best option.
If you follow this recipe, shared by Kirsten Kaminski of The Tasty K, it will only take you 20 minutes to prep your own vegan chocolate cookie mousse tart. Just keep in mind you’ll have to wait for a while until the tart firms up in the freezer, so it’s not exactly the dessert you can serve when you have surprise guests coming over in less than an hour.
- 154g vegan Oreo-style cookies
- 30ml of melted coconut oil
- 400g extra firm silken tofu
- 170g chilled coconut cream
- 240g melted cookie crumble chocolate
- 45ml of melted coconut oil
- 10g of cacao powder
- 15ml of lemon juice
- crumbled Oreos
- Line cake or tart pan with some baking paper – a 20cm round pan is recommended.
- Create the crust by putting the cookies inside a food processor. Pulse until they crumble, add the oil afterward, and keep on pulsing until the mixture gets sticky.
- Put the mixture inside the round pan and press it down until it’s even. Put it in the freezer to become firm as you proceed with the rest of the recipe.
- After melting the chocolate, place it inside a high-speed blender with the rest of filling ingredients, and blend until they’re smooth.
- Take the pan out the freezer, pour the feeling over the crust, and place it back in the freezer for at least four hours.
- After the tart solidifies inside the freezer, take it out, and use crumbled cookies and raspberries for decoration.