The risk of catching colds and flu is particularly high as we head towards winter. That’s all the more reason to protect ourselves. Thankfully, honey and garlic contain so many anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory products that they form a natural flu-fighting remedy.
- 7 garlic cloves, peeled
- 5 tablespoons honey
- Peel and lightly crush the garlic cloves.
- Place the cloves in a glass container and pour in enough honey to cover all the garlic.
- Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for around 5 days, until bubbles begin to form, indicating the fermentation process has begun.
- Let the honey and garlic sit for 1 month, opening every few days to release the carbon dioxide.
- After 30 days, eat a teaspoon of the honey daily or incorporate into your food.