Spanish tortilla is completely different from Mexican tortillas. Spanish tortilla is actually an omelette dish made with potatoes and eggs, although you can add more ingredients to it if you like, such as meat or cheese. This dish is a staple in Spanish life all over the country, and although it takes some practice to perfect, it is pretty easy to make.
An easy way to make Spanish tortilla is by using a pan that you can use on the stove and then transfer to the oven. If you don’t have one, you’ll need to put the contents of the pan into a baking dish when the time comes.
- Start off by slicing up some onions. Cook them over low heat in butter and oil for about 10-15 minutes until they are translucent.
- Peel and chop up potatoes into really thin slices or small cubes and then add them to the onions in the pan.
- Cover the pan and stir so they don’t burn, and cook for about 15-20 minutes until they are soft.
- Scramble a few eggs together and pour over the potato mixture.
- Bake in the oven at 375 F for about 15 minutes, or until the tortilla is golden on top and just cooked through.