Who says you can’t have chocolate in the morning? This homemade dark chocolate granola is a great addition to your breakfast yogurt and you can customize it by adding whatever seeds, nuts, grains, cereals, or dried fruits you like. Plus, you can control how much sugar goes into this recipe because a lot of the store-bought granola is delicious, but it’s loaded with sugar.
- 1/4 cup coconut or canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 250 F. In a Dutch oven, heat oil and honey over low heat until it’s blended, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa and vanilla. Mix in the oats, walnuts, and Rice Krispies until it’s coated.
- Spread it evenly on parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in baking pan. Bake for about an hour or until crisp, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into a large bowl and add chocolate chips and cranberries immediately. Stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Return to the baking pan and spread it evenly. Refrigerate until set and break it into pieces.
- Store in airtight containers.