Food blogger Cookie and Kate is back at it again with these delicious, healthy blueberry muffins. She takes the classic dessert and makes it healthy by using whole wheat flour, only natural sugars, and Greek yogurt! You can even use frozen blueberries in this recipe. It makes 12 muffins and you can get the full recipe below.
- 1 3/4 cups plus 1 teaspoon whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar (raw sugar) for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and grease all 12 cups of your muffin tin with butter, coconut oil, or cooking spray.
- Combine 1 3/4 cups of flour with baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine oil and honey or maple syrup in a medium mixing bowl. Add the eggs and beat them well. Add the yogurt and vanilla and mix it well.
- Pour the wet ingredients with the dry ones and mix them until they are combined.
- In a small bowl, put the blueberries in and the remaining 1 teaspoon of flour. Mix the blueberries with the rest of the batter.
- Divide the batter between 12 muffin cups and sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the sugar.
- Bake the muffins for 16 to 19 minutes, until they are golden brown and you can stick a toothpick in the muffins and it comes out clean.