Biscuits are a lovely pick me up at those tricky times of day where your energy is ebbing. These biscuits taste great, take no time to make and are low in sugar but high in fibre and protein! Check out this winning recipe and see for yourself just how delicious low sugar biscuits can be.
Ingredients (to make 12):
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2/3 cup of butter
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of raisins or alternative dried fruit
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Combine the baking powder and the flour.
- Knead the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Whisk in the eggs and milk.
- Stir in the cinnamon, raisins and honey.
- Knead into a dough, roll out and cut into biscuits.
- Place on a greased and lined baking tray and bake at 320 degrees for 20 minutes.
The perfect treat in the late afternoon or at mid morning, enjoy these biscuits knowing you’re consuming much less sugar than normal.