There are a few things that, if you ask us, make a recipe worthy of entering your weekly weeknight rotation as a vegan. It has to be:
- Easy to make
- Tasty enough to eat week after week
- Plant-based (duh)
- Have protein (our bodies will thank us!)
- Use simple ingredients that you usually have around the house or can get any time of year
And this tofu mushroom pasta recipe is a perfect candidate. Keep reading to learn how to make it.
- Olive oil
- Firm tofu
- Cherry tomatoes
- Garlic salt
- Nutritional yeast
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions, making sure to salt the water generously. We recommend tube or bow tie-shaped pasta.
- Chop up your veggies and tofu into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat, adding the onions when the oil is shimmering and cooking until they are translucent and fragrant.
- Add the tofu, cooking for an additional 10 minutes.
- Then you can add the chopped mushrooms, cooking for 5-10 more minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste.
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Add cherry tomatoes and drained pasta and mix to combine.
- Add a splash of olive oil, mixing to thoroughly coat everything.
- Serve sprinkled with nutritional yeast.