Did you recently make way too much rice that was left uneaten and now you don’t know what to do with it? Don’t worry, we’ve got your back. This vegan fried rice recipe is a great option for what to do with leftover rice, plus it’s just a good recipe on its own with lots of nutritious veggies and protein. You can make it super quickly—in less than 15 minutes if you use frozen veggies—and it tastes great, too. Keep reading to find out how to make it.
- Cooked rice. Brown rice is healthier but white rice is great, too 🙂
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Vegetable oil
- Or, alternatively, a frozen veggie mix
- You’re going to start by cooking the tofu. Chop it up into bite-sized pieces. Heat the vegetable oil on high, add the tofu, and cook, crisping it on each side by stirring minimally.
- As the tofu cooks, you can chop up your vegetables or defrost your frozen veggies. Either way, try to get all of your veggies into uniform, bite-sized pieces.
- Once the tofu is crispy on all sides, turn down the heat and add soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir to coat the tofu and cook for a few more minutes to let the sauce caramelize.
- Add the vegetables and cooked rice. Stir everything together. Taste and add more sauce and seasoning if you’d like.