Vietnamese noodle salad, or bun cha, is an awesome way to get in all your food groups in one delicious bowl! This dish can be eaten hot or cold and is a great meal prep option if you’re looking to change up your lunch vibes. You can also add more vegetables if you like, or something pickled — anything works in this noodle salad!
- Start by marinating some chicken thighs with rice wine vinegar, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, and a little sugar.
- Mix everything well and let the chicken marinate for as long as you can, at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- With either a mandolin or a really sharp knife, chop up carrots, daikon radish, and cucumbers.
- Bring some water to a boil and cook vermicelli noodles for just 2-3 minutes until they’re tender.
- Drain and rinse them and leave them to the side.
- Take out the chicken and either grill or just saute them until they’re cooked through.
- While the chicken cooks, whip up a simple dressing with lime juice, fish sauce, and rice wine vinegar.
- Chop up mint, cilantro, basil, and peanuts for garnish.
- Place the noodles on the bottom of a bowl, followed by the veggies, and chicken, and the garnishes on top.
- Pour over the vinaigrette and enjoy!