Warm up with a bowl of this amazing chicken noodle soup, it’s a comforting classic that is both hearty and satisfying. Great for chilly days or whenever you need a soothing bowl of goodness! Here’s how to make it.
- 2 cups of cooked chicken
- 8 cups of chicken broth
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Black pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Olive oil for sautéing
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the finely chopped onion and minced garlic until softened.
- Add the sliced carrots and celery to the pot. Cook for a few minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pot, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Add the bay leaf and dried thyme for aromatic flavor.
- Add the egg noodles to the simmering broth and cook according to the package instructions until they are al dente.
- Stir in the cooked chicken, ensuring it’s evenly distributed throughout the soup. Let it simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Season the chicken noodle soup with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning as needed. Remove the bay leaf, ladle the soup into bowls, and garnish with fresh parsley for a burst of freshness.