These veggie burgers couldn’t be easier to throw together so try them out!
- 2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 a bell pepper
- 1/2 an onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by chopping up your bell pepper, onion, and garlic cloves very finely.
- In a large bowl, pour in the cans of black beans and mash them fairly well, still leaving some beans whole so it’s not a complete paste.
- Then, add in the chopped veggies along with all of the spices and mix well.
- Crack the eggs into a separate bowl to avoid getting any yolks in, and then add them to the bowl and mix as well.
- Begin adding the bread crumbs slowly to see if you’ll need more or less than the 1/2 cup to bind everything together.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper to your taste, mix and form into patties.
- Put the patties on parchment or wax paper-lined baking sheets and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Once they’ve frozen for a bit, cook them in a pan with oil, or bake them all at 350 F for about 15 minutes.