Ginger cake is a spicy treat that is great for people who want something for dessert but also want a lot of warm spices. This ginger cake is super easy to put together and everyone will love it!
- 4 oz of ginger
- 1 cup of molasses
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 2 room temperature eggs
- Peel and grate the ginger or really finely dice it.
- In a large bowl, mix together the molasses, sugar, and oil until they’re well incorporated.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, cloves, and black pepper.
- In a small saucepan, pour in the water and bring it to a boil. Once it’s boiled, stir in the baking soda, and then pour this into the molasses bowl and mix well. Add the ginger in as well.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients slowly, along with the eggs one at a time.
- Once everything is well mixed, pour the batter into a parchment-lined cake pan and bake at 350 F for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 30 minutes before removing for the pan.