We already know that microwaves can be used for numerous other things besides reheating food. This must-have kitchen appliance also comes in handy for cooking, defrosting meat, softening butter, and even disinfecting utensils. But did you know you can also use a microwave to make a red velvet cake?
That’s right. A microwave can help you “bake” a red velvet cake and provide a quick and tasty dessert for you or your household. Here is how to do it.
- 1 egg
- ½ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- ¼ cup chopped dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoon milk
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the wet ingredients and mix until you achieve batter consistency.
- Brush three microwave-safe mugs and evenly distribute the batter in each one.
- Pop the mugs in the microwave on high for one minute.
- Take out the cakes from the mugs and place them in a fridge to cool off for around 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine all the frosting ingredients in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer until you get a fluffy cream.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a microwave-safe container and pop it in a microwave for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Take out the cakes and slice each one into three pieces. Spread frosting on one piece of cake and top it with the second piece. Add more frosting and top with the third cake piece.
- Pour the glaze over the cake and enjoy.