There’s nothing like freshly baked ziti for dinner, and with this recipe, it’ll be done in a snap.
- 1 pound of ziti
- 1 onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary or basil
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 32 oz of homemade or storebought marinara sauce
- 1/2 pound of mozzarella, shredded or otherwise
- 1 cup of ricotta
- 1 cup of parmesan or pecorino cheese
- Olive oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, salt it generously, and cook the ziti 1-2 minutes shy of the package directions.
- Drain the pasta, toss in olive oil, and leave to the side.
- Chop up the onion and garlic.
- Heat up olive oil in a pan, add in the onion and cook until translucent. Add in the garlic for 1 minute.
- Pour the marinara sauce in along with the herbs and spices and cook until simmering.
- Put a layer of the sauce at the bottom of a casserole dish and put a little ricotta on top. Then, put the pasta over that, stir to coat the pasta, then put more cheese on. Continue with the remaining cheese, sauce, and pasta.
- Put the mozzarella and parm or pecorino on the top, bake at 350 F for 20 minutes or until the top is browned, and serve!