Do you have lots of leftover veggies sitting in your fridge? Well, don’t let them go to waste! You can use them to make Cookie + Kate’s veggie teriyaki stir fry, which is a healthier way to enjoy your favorite take-out meal. This stir fry is loaded with veggies and it’s super easy to make.
- 4 ounces soba noodles, brown rice noodles, spaghetti, or other long noodles
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 medium red or white onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 6 cups thinly sliced mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce or more as needed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, plus more for garnish cup
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion, for garnish
- Boil a pot of water and cook the noodles according to the package, until they’re al dente. To remove starch, drain and rinse them, and then set them aside.
- Over medium heat, warm a large skillet and add olive oil, onion, and salt. Cook, until the onion is tender, about 4 to 6 minutes. Make sure to stir occasionally.
- Throw in the rest of the vegetables and cook until they’re tender and caramelizing on the edges for about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir them every minute or two.
- When the vegetables are done, add the noodles and 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce to the skillet. Stir and cook until the ingredients are warmed through, around 1 minute.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add toasted sesame oil, to taste. Toss the oil with the noodles and the veggies and add the sesame seeds.
- Serve the stir fry in bowls. Top the bowls with sliced green onions and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.