If you’re ever stuck for what to make for yourself for dinner after a long day, or even for lunch if you didn’t meal prep enough food, this shrimp salad is your answer. It comes together super quickly, has a ton of great ingredients, but won’t take you more than 10 minutes to put together.
- Start off by cooking the shrimp. You can do this by boiling the shrimp in salted water until it turns pink for the easiest and most hands-off method, or saute it with some garlic and butter for more flavor.
- While the shrimp cooks, start chopping up the vegetables. The first veggie you want to cut is the red onion. Put that in a bowl, squeeze over the juice of one lime and allow the onion to mellow out.
- Then, chop up tomatoes, a small jalapeno, and add that to the bowl as well.
- Roughly chop cilantro add that into the bowl, reserving some for presentation.
- If you want to make the dish a little fancier, in a pan with no oil, dry roast some shredded coconut or coconut flakes until they are slightly brown and fragrant.
- Add the coconut and the shrimp into the bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle in a bit of olive oil, toss, and serve!