We’re sure with all the items you rushed to purchase at the supermarket, pasta is one that you stocked up on. This brown butter, lemon, and parmesan pasta contains no meat and the lemon gives it a special kick! This recipe will yield four servings.
- 1 lb. short tube pasta
- Kosher salt
- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, divided
- 1 small regular lemon, very thinly sliced into rounds, seeds removed
- 1 oz. Parmesan, finely grated, plus more for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water, stirring occasionally, until very al dente (about two minutes less than the package says).
- Right before the pasta is al dente, scoop out 2 cups of pasta water.
- Heat half the butter in a large Dutch oven or heavy pot over medium heat until melted.
- Add lemon slices and cook, stirring it often until they have softened and the bottom of the pot is browned in spots, about 5-7 minutes.
- With tongs, transfer 1/3 of the lemon slices to a plate and set them aside.
- Add 1 1/2 cups pasta cooking water to butter sauce and add the remaining butter a piece at a time, until the sauce is creamy.
- Drain pasta and add to the sauce. Cook stirring it often and adding 1 oz. Parmesan, a little at a time. When all the cheese is added, continue stirring until the sauce is creamy and it clings to the pasta, about 3 minutes.
- If the sauce is too thick, add more pasta water, 1-2 Tbsp at a time.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with about 2 tsp. pepper and toss the pasta.
- Serve pasta and top it with reserved lemon rounds and more Parmesean.