What’s better than cozying up to the fireplace with a good book and a spiced chai latte in hand? Cozying up while enjoying chai spiced cookies! If you love the taste of fall and chai lattes, these cookies are exactly what you need!
- 2 3/4 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 3/4 cups of sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 cup of room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
- Put the sugar and all the spices into a small bowl and mix well. Take out 1/4 cup of the sugar mixture for later, and then dump the rest of the sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add in the butter and beat on medium for about 3 minutes until it’s lighter in color.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract, combine for another minute, and then slowly add in the dry ingredients just until it’s mixed in.
- Use a mini ice cream scooper to make balls and then roll them in the reserved sugar mixture.
- Put them on a parchment-lined sheet, bake at 350 F for 8-10 minutes, cool on wire racks, and enjoy!