Now that football season is over, and baseball season is just starting, you’re probably looking for a new recipe for game day. These chicken parm balls are it! They take a total of 50 minutes and they will be your new favorite treat.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 mozzarella string cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- vegetable oil
- marinara sauce
- Start by cutting the mozzarella sticks first lengthwise, then those two pieces into 4 smaller ones horizontally.
- Combine the pieces with 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, ground chicken, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix the ingredients well together.
- Get 1 1/2 tablespoon of the mixture and include one piece of the mozzarella cheese in the middle. Use your hands to form a ball.
- Do the same with all the mixture and line the balls on a baking sheet.
- Place the sheet in the freezer for 4 to 6 hours.
- Fill a Dutch oven with cooking oil and wait for the oil to reach 350 F degrees.
- Combine the parmesan, panko, and garlic powder in a bowl.
- In a second bowl mix the 2 teaspoons of salt, flour, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- In a third bowl combine the 2 tablespoons of water and eggs.
- Take out the chicken parm balls from the freezer and dip them in the flour mix, then in the egg mix, and finally the panko mix.
- Place them in the dutch oven and fry for 5-7 minutes, then transfer the balls onto a plate with paper.
- Serve right away with marinara sauce.