Croquettes are such a yummy treat to make, and they’re perfect for people who have lots of random bits floating throughout their pantry.
This croquette recipe uses instant mashed potatoes as the base, which is always great to use up. You can totally customize this recipe with different spices and fresh herbs, or make it simple and just delish.
- Start by following the package details of the instant mashed potatoes so you have two cups’ worth. Allow that to cool since you’ll be using your hands to form them.
- Then, set up the dredging station. This will allow the croquettes to get really crunchy in the oven. Beat 2 eggs in a bowl, adding flour and any seasonings to another, and breadcrumbs into a third.
- Take about 1 tablespoons worth of mashed potatoes and form it into a ball. If you want, make an indentation and add some cheese or deli meat inside it, and close it into a ball again.
- Roll the ball in the flour, then the egg, and finally into the breadcrumbs.
- Place the croquettes onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, and when all have been made, put them into a 450 F oven for 8-10 minutes until they are golden.