Forget about your go-to tea because we have a brand new recipe that will have you obsessed. This coconut chai tea is done in 15 minutes and it’s one of the best warm drinks you’ve ever tried.
The recipe is so simple to follow, and you can add small tweaks and changes to your taste. Once you try it you’ll be having it all autumn and winter long.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 10 black whole peppercorns
- 3 clove buds
- 2 tablespoons black tea
- 8 green cardamom pods
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- For this coconut chai tea recipe, you will need a mortar and pestle. Start by crushing the ginger.
- Next, include the fennel seeds, cardamom pods, clove buds, peppercorns. Crush all the spices together, breaking all the pods to get the most out of the ingredients.
- Use a pan to combine the sugar, water, cinnamon quill, and spices. Wait for the mixture to start boiling.
- When it’s boiling, pour 1 tablespoon of water in the mix.
- Next, add the coconut milk together with the black tea.
- Let the coconut chai tea simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. Strain it and serve it immediately.