One of the most important things about breakfast is that you can make it even when you don’t have much time in the morning. If your mornings are always a rush, you probably have a few go-to breakfast options you use over and over again. Why not add hummus on toast to them? You can prepare delicious hummus at home and have it on hand whenever you need it.
With this homemade version of hummus, you will always be sure you’re eating the healthiest possible option without added sugars and preservatives.
- 1 lb chickpeas
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 oz sesame
- 3 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Soak the chickpeas the night before.
- The next day, rinse them and boil them for around 40 minutes.
- Toast the sesame seeds on medium heat.
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend. If needed, add a little bit of water.
- Instead of parsley, you can use your favorite herbs. Optionally, you can add pumpkin seeds or flaxseed for added flavor and nutrients.