Are you looking for a way to spice up your lunch? Well, then this coconut chicken curry, which only takes 22 minutes to be ready, should be the next recipe you try.
- 1 14-oz can coconut milk
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 chopped medium onion
- 4 peeled garlic cloves
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 2 1/2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 2 1/2 inches piece ginger, peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow and/or black mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- cilantro leaves with tender stems and cooked rice or naan
- Add the salt, pepper, curry powder, and chicken together in a bowl. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Get a skillet and fill it with 2 tablespoons oil. Heat it, then add the onion.
- Cook it for about 2 minutes until it becomes soft and translucent.
- Get a food processor or blender. Fill it with ginger, coconut milk, and garlic. Blend until you get a smooth mixture.
- Include that mixture in the skillet together with the chicken. Cook everything together for 7 to 10 minutes.
- When the sauce becomes thick, get a second small skillet. Add 2 tablespoons oil and cook the mustard seeds and cashews for 2 to 3 minutes.
- When they’re done, pour everything from the small skillet into a bowl.
- Add the spinach to the chicken and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve the coconut chicken curry in 4 dishes, and top it off with the cashew mix and cilantro.
- Add rice or naan to finish it off.