Not everyone has the skill to make a cake. The good news is, you don’t need them to make this super simple mug cake. The even better news is that you can have incredible carrot cake in just minutes.
- 1½ tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla, milk, flour, baking powder, and cinnamon in a mug. Stir or whisk the ingredients until smooth. Fold in the shredded carrots.
- Microwave the mug cake for one to one-and-a-half minutes. Begin checking at 1 minute. The cake should look set but not overcooked and dry.
- Allow the cake to cool before topping with whipped cream, cream cheese glaze, or powdered sugar.