Creme brûlée is a seemingly fancy dessert, but in reality, it couldn’t be easier to make! You really don’t need any fancy ingredients or a lot of cooking skills to nail this French classic, so try it today and you won’t be disappointed!
- In a bowl, separate 6 egg yolks and add in 4 tablespoons of white sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- In a small saucepan, heat up 2 1/2 cups of heavy cream over low heat. Leave it on until it just starts to bubble slightly and then turn it off immediately.
- Slowly whisk in the hot cream into the eggs a little bit at a time. If you do it too quickly, the cream will cook the eggs and you’ll have scrambled eggs instead of a custard.
- After everything’s been combined, pour the custard into ramekins and put them into another baking dish and fill halfway with water. This is called a water bath and it will help the custard bake evenly.
- Bake it at 300 F for 30 minutes, and then let it cool until it’s about room temperature.
- Sprinkle on a little bit of white sugar onto the top so it’s just covered. Then, either blow-torch the sugar until it’s caramelized and brown or put them until the broiler for just a couple minutes to get the job done.