Oatmeal cookies have nowadays become a popular trend and can be made different each time. You could add different ingredients to the mixture, such as chocolate chips, walnuts or raisins. You could play around with the ingredients and no matter what you decide to put inside, they will always be incredibly delicious.
The preparation time is about 5 minutes and the cooking time is 5 minutes as well. It won’t get faster than this, or tastier.
Makes 60 cookies.
* 2¼ cups rolled oats
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
* 2¼ cups light brown sugar, packed
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375º F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
2. Heat butter and brown sugar, over medium heat, stirring frequently until butter has melted and the mixture is smooth.
3. Add the oats, flour, salt, egg, and vanilla.
4. Drop cookie batter by the teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets, leaving at least 2 inches between each cookie to allow them to spread.
5. Bake for 5-7 minutes, watching closely to prevent them from over-baking.
The lace cookies should be golden brown.
6. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 30 seconds and remove onto racks to cool completely.
7. You can store them in an airtight container.