Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner recipe that doesn’t require much time in the kitchen? Well, look no further than this garlic lemon butter tilapia. Because tilapia doesn’t have much of a taste, this recipe gives it that kick it needs with butter, lemon, and garlic. There’s even a bit of spice thrown in. Serve it with some brown rice or bulgar and a vegetable like roasted broccoli or cauliflower. This recipe makes two servings and it’s ready within 25 minutes.
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1 lemon, with 1/2 zested and 1/2 cut into rounds
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Mix together melted butter, red pepper flakes, garlic, and lemon zest. Squeeze the juice from the lemon half you zested into the mixture and mix.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the tilapia and place it on a small parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Pour the mixture over the tilapia evenly.
- Place the lemon rounds on top of the tilapia.
- Bake the tilapia for 12 minutes in the oven or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.