Lo mein is such a delicious Chinese takeout classic. Thick egg noodles combine with vegetables and some sort of protein to create a really yummy bite.
But, if you feel like you’re not satisfied with the amount of sauce your lo mein order came with tonight, don’t fret. You can make your lo mein much more flavorful easily with this extra tip. All you have to do is make your own sauce super fast, heat everything together, and you have yourself the perfect lo mein.
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth, either regular or low sodium
- Four tablespoons of soy sauce, either regular or low sodium
- Two tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- Two tablespoons of oyster sauce
- Two teaspoons of sesame oil
- Three or four teaspoons of corn starch, start with three and check the consistency
- One green onion
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl with a whisk or a fork.
- Add the already made lo mein into a wok or large skillet over medium or medium-high heat to start heating it up.
- Pour over the sauce and cook for about 3-5 minutes until the sauce has gotten absorbed into the noodles.
- Chop up the green onion to garnish.
- Plate the noodles, top with the sliced green onion, and enjoy!