If you loaded yourself up with unhealthy food these last couple months and want to get your body back on track, this green soup is for you. It has so much goodness packed into one pot and it is so satisfying.
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan on high heat and add 2 sliced onions with 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Once the onions are starting to brown, about 5 minutes, lower the heat to low, throw in 2 tablespoons of water and cover. Stir the onions occasionally and cook them for about 30 minutes or until they turn a caramel color.
- In a pot, bring 3 cups of water to a boil with 3/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 cup of arborio rice.
- Reduce to a simmer, and cover for 15 minutes.
- Take the leaves off of a bunch of swiss chard and chop them up along with 12 ounces of spinach.
- After the rice has cooked, add all the greens into the same pot and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Then, add in the caramelized onions along with 4 cups of stock, a pinch of chili pepper or cayenne, and cook for just a couple more minutes.
- Blend with an immersion blender or blender, add in the juice of half a lemon and serve!