With only two ingredients and around ten minutes of your time, you can have creamy homemade cashew butter. Cashew butter is a delicious vegan spread you can make any time you get bored with your regular peanut butter, and you can use it in many different dishes or it can be eaten as a snack. Making your own cashew butter instead of buying some at the store is a good idea because you’ll know exactly what you’ve put in it and it will save you money! All that sounds awesome, but how do you actually make it?
We mentioned you only need two ingredients, but you can even leave out the oil and blend the butter just a little bit longer.
- roasted, salted cashew nuts
- coconut oil
- If you bought raw nuts, salt and roast them upfront. Roasted nuts will release the oils much faster than the raw ones and make the whole process easier.
- Put the nuts in the food processor and blend for around five minutes.
- Add coconut oil, if you’re using it, and keep blending.
- Scrape the edges of the bowl a few times to make sure everything blends evenly.