Making a stir fry is one of the easiest ways to get in a lot of nutrition in a delicious and quick meal. The best thing about it is that you can really use whatever types of vegetables and proteins you have in your fridge, even if it doesn’t seem like it’ll fit. Stir fry originated in China and got its name because the ingredients fried in hot oil in a wok. So clean out that fridge and make yourself an amazing stir fry.
- First, take out any vegetables, whether they are fresh or frozen and chop them into pieces that are similar in size. This will help them cook at the same speed.
- Heat up some neutral oil as well as sesame oil in a wok or a pot until it’s hot.
- Drop in the vegetables and any protein if you want, including nuts.
- Mix together a sauce with soy sauce, rice vinegar, fish sauce, or any other Asian ingredients you have.
- Pour the sauce over the ingredients and cook for just a few more minutes.
- Serve with noodles that have been drained and rinsed or with white rice and top with green onions and sesame seeds if you have them.