This chocolate chip cookie recipe is perfect because there is no mixing machines necessary, no chilling overnight, and the cookies turn out amazing every time.
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1 egg plus 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 6 oz of chopped bittersweet chocolate
- Take half a cup of butter and melt it over low heat, stirring often, until it turns a light brown color. Transfer that into a bowl, cut up the rest of the butter, and add that in as well.
- While the butter is melting, whisk together in a medium-sized bowl the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Once the butter is melted, add in the brown and white sugar and whisk.
- Crack in the eggs and egg yolks and whisk for another 30 seconds, add in the vanilla, and whisk again.
- Pour in the dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until it’s well combined, then add in the chocolate.
- If the dough still looks too runny, leave it at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- Then, take an ice cream scooper and scoop them out onto parchment-lined baking sheets. The dough should be able to hold its shapes even though it’s softer than normal dough.
- Bake at 375 F for 8-10 minutes, rotating the trays halfway through.
- Cool on baking sheets and enjoy!