Tahini is such a great ingredient to use in desserts, and with these tahini rice crispy treats, you really cannot go wrong.
- 3 1/4 cups of crispy rice cereal, preferably not puffed
- 1/4 cup of cocoa nibs or mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 3/4 cup of raw tahini
- 1/4 cup plus one tablespoon of honey
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Start by combining the cereal and cocoa nibs or chocolate chips together in a large bowl.
- Prep a square pan with parchment paper, leaving enough hanging off the sides that when the bars have completely set you can just lift them out using the parchment.
- In a saucepan, melt the coconut oil, and then add in the tahini, honey, and salt, whisk and cook until everything is combined, just 30-60 seconds.
- Take it off the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Then, pour the mixture all over the cereal and toss to coat.
- Pour that into the pan and press down to make it compact. You might want to use the bottom of the bowl for this so it’s super tight.
- Chill in the fridge for 30-60 minutes, take it out of the pan, and cut into bars! They will keep for 1 week in the fridge.