These peppermint truffles are made with only 6 ingredients and take around 20 minutes to be done. They are such a sweet treat for the whole family.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups total dark chocolate/white chocolate bark or dipping chocolate
- 16 oz chocolate chips
- 2-3 crushed candy canes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Get a pan and melt the butter. Mix in the cream and set the heat to medium-high.
- Mix the cream constantly and once it’s about to boil take the pan away from the heat.
- Include the peppermint extract and chocolate chips. Mix again and when combined put the pan in the fridge for a few hours.
- Use a scoop to make the round peppermint truffles. Put them all on a lined pan and place the pan in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Before you take the pan out of the freezer you can start melting the chocolate.
- Take the truffles out of the freezer and start dipping them using a fork. Remove the extra chocolate by rolling the truffles in round motions.
- Place them on a wax paper and cover the truffles with the crushed candy canes. You can use both white and dark chocolate and play with the decorations.