Collard salad is a great way to stay healthy and fit. This unique recipe can be your go-to for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 1 lb collard greens, stemmed and cut into thin strips
- 3 clementines
- 3 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 small shallots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sorghum syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Get 1 clementine and squeeze its juice to get around 2 tablespoons juice.
- Combine it with the dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, apple cider vinegar, pepper, and sorghum syrup.
- Mix all the ingredients together, then start adding the olive oil but do it slowly. This is the dressing for your collard salad.
- Get a large salad bowl. Fill it with the shallots and collard. Next, top it off with 2 tablespoons of the dressing and mix everything together. Use your hands for 60 seconds.
- Peel the rest of the clementines and cut them into slices.
- This recipe is meant for 4 servings. Divide the collard mix into 4 plates, then add pecans, clementine pieces, chicken, and goat cheese on top.
- Finish off with the rest of the dressing and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Enjoy your salad right away.