Plum clafoutis is a fast, but delicious French dessert everyone has to try.
- 2 tablespoons sugar for the fruit base
- 1/2 cup fresh cream for the fruit base
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch/cornflour
- 1/3 cup sugar for the custard batter
- 6 cups plums
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh cream for the custard batter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Set the oven to 320 F degrees.
- Wash the plums, dry them, then cut them into half. Then, cut each half into 6 slices.
- For the batter, combine the 1/2 cup fresh cream, 1/3 cup sugar, 2 large eggs, 1 cup whole milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 2 tablespoons cornstarch/cornflour, and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour.
- Blend everything together to get a smooth mixture.
- Add some butter on the bottom and walls of a baking dish.
- Start by placing the plums, then top them off with sugar.
- Add the batter on top of the plum.
- Put the baking dish in the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes on the middle rack.
- When the time is up, take the dish out and let the plum clafoutis cool down.
- You can also try it while it’s warm and decide how you like it better. Top it off with powdered sugar, ice cream, or whipped cream.