Aglio olio literally means oil and garlic in Italian. This classic dish from Naples only involves three ingredients but comes together to be a truly scrumptious meal.
The three ingredients for this recipe is pasta, olive oil, and garlic. You can also add red chili flakes if you like a bit of spice.
- Start boiling some water for the pasta. Once it’s boiling, drop in the pasta and cook for however long it says to cook on the box.
- Slice a few cloves of garlic very thinly into little disks.
- Heat up a couple tablespoons of olive oil in a pan over about medium to medium-high heat. You don’t need that much and if you need more you can always add.
- Once the oil is hot, tip the pan away from you and add in the garlic. There should be just enough oil so that all garlic is covered. At this point, you can add in the chili flakes if you want.
- Add in a splash of water or white wine to drop the temperature of the pan.
- Once the pasta is done, take it straight out of the pot and add it to the pan with the garlic.
- Heat it together and finish with another glug of olive oil and enjoy!