A Greek salad is something you can find at most diners, and definitely any Greek restaurant. The interesting thing is that a Greek salad is almost identical to the salads they actually serve in Greece, so it’s nice to know that you’re making and eating something pretty authentic.
A Greek salad is super easy to put together, has a ton of fresh ingredients, and can easily be bulked up if you add a protein source like chicken, salmon, or chickpeas. No one can say no to this at a dinner party, so let’s get started.
- Start off by mixing the salad dressing together. This involves combining 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice with 6 tablespoons of good quality olive oil. Mix this together until it combines to make your vinaigrette, and then add in salt and pepper to taste, and a good 2 teaspoons or more of dried oregano for that signature Greek flare.
- Thinly slice half a red onion and add that to a large bowl.
- Slice up a cucumber, half of a red and green bell pepper each, and a few fresh tomatoes.
- Cut a head of romaine lettuce in half, and then roughly chop that and add it to the bowl as well.
- Pour in cubes of feta cheese and black or kalamata olives, and finally finish with a toss and the addition of the salad dressing.