Mango tarts are the kind of dessert that you could bring to any get-together or bake sale and feel proud of yourself for having made it. They’re delicious, fancy, and even healthy as far as baked goods go. And, best of all, if you use this recipe, it won’t be that hard to make. Check it out below.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Start by making your pie crust. Beat your egg in a large bowl.
- Add softened and cubed butter and sugar. Mix.
- Add the flour and mix until combined into a crumbly dough.
- Roll out into a 1/4 layer and put it into a tart pan, pressing the crust down onto the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Prick the crust with a fork a couple of times.
- In a saucepan, add the pureed flesh of two mangoes, sugar, cornstarch, a squeeze of lemon juice, and lemon zest. Cook until it reduces down into a thickened filling.
- Pour your mango filling into your tart pan and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 to 40 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Cool before serving.