We’ve all heard of avocado toast, but we’re here to introduce you to the wonder of mushroom toast. Super easy, just (if not more) as flavorful, and ideal for any time of day? Yes, please!
- 1 pound of mushrooms of your choice
- 4 slices of bread (sourdough/ciabatta)
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat and add the olive oil.
- Fry the mushrooms in batches, until well-browned all over.
- Add all the mushrooms back into the pan with their resting juices and add the garlic, herbs, and chilli flakes. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, toast the bread.
- Add the butter and juice of half a lemon into the mushrooms, and stir well while the butter is melting. Once creamy, remove the pan from the heat and season to taste.
- Spread the cream cheese on the toast and top with the mushrooms. Squeeze some lemon to taste before serving.