In the mood for a quick sweet and salty snack? Then look no further than these deliciously simple Chocolate Crunchy Sweet and Salty Peanut Bars. They don’t have the catchiest name, but when you’re in the mood for a quick treat that tastes like it took hours to make, these hit the spot every time.
You don’t have to be a professional chef to have these in your fridge whenever you’d like. All the ingredients are super easy to find and you can even play around with the measurements or add any other little treats you’d like. We recommend marshmallows, M&Ms or Rice Krispies, but they’re also delicious just the way they’re intended.
- 7 ounces dark chocolate
- 3.5 ounces milk chocolate
- 8.8 ounces salted peanuts
- 4.4 ounces unsalted butter
- 3 Tablespoons golden syrup
- 8 x 40-gram Crunchie bars (or any honeycomb chocolate)
- Break the chocolate pieces into a medium pot and add the golden syrup and butter. Melt everything together gently on a low heat.
- Crush the Crunchie or honeycomb chocolate into smaller chunks and add to a large bowl with the peanuts.
- Once the chocolate mixture is fully melted, take it off the heat and pour all over the peanut mixture, stirring until it’s all combined.
- Pour the mixture into a lined baking sheet, smoothing the mixture into all four corners.
- Sprinkle some extra peanuts and honeycomb over the top, if you’d like, and set in the fridge for at least two hours, or until it’s set.
- Cut into as many pieces as you’d like. It’s pretty sweet and dense, so we’d recommend smaller pieces.
- Share with friends—or keep all for yourself. Enjoy!